Friday, August 08, 2008
Good God, quite a bunch of blog-worthy events have been occurring and I never did have the time to blog about and it's quite sad cos now when I think back I don't really remember the details. And that will mean that I will have a vague memory of the past and that just sucks balls.
Anyway my payless (yes, payless, 5-month long) attachment has kept me busy; having to prepare for the dreaded health screening that will send every med tech in the lab to severe depression. I mean the fact that we have to screen like every staff in the hospital (includes maintenance people, admin support, EVERYONE) is a tough job. Just preparing for the damn screening is excruciating enough, as I've experienced. 3 days of factory-like duties. But of course, the whole lab was "bribed" indirectly by a departmental lunch which was oh so good, I wished I hadn't been suffering from cramps and bloatedness on that day, or else I'd have gorged more of those cereal prawns and soft shell crabs instead of just one, and more of those mango mirror cakes. Oh I look forward to the hustle and bustle of health screening come Tuesday. =D
And with much unhappiness, it was tragic to know that what was supposed to be a minor surgery to monitor the Dad's heart turned into an immediate surgery as 2 of his arteries were 80% and 90% blocked respectively. He had to undergo stenting (sorta like the enlargement of the clogged arteries) and had to be in the ICU for a day. But he's back now and recuperating well, alhamdulillah. I wish to elaborate how Mother, me and boyfriend actually got lost on the way back home to my house when we were driving the car but it'd be longwinded and silly. But it taught me just how useful it was to have Dad around as he's like a walking Street Directory. Anyway Fattah ended up driving the damn car (cos mother's night vision was poor) and yes I was jealous cos I have yet to fucking drive since I've gotten my licence. (eh sial ah i've just realised i don't know how to spell liscence/licence/licensce! of ALL words! oh what atrocious English! I'm ashamed of myself. -_-") We ended up watching Prison Break at my house and I'm secretly glad he drove cos I wouldn't have trusted my mum driving at night. (sorry ah mother. anything BUT night driving ok.)
And that means that Dad'll be home like 24/7 which means I'll be going to work alone and that sucks ultimate balls cos I cannot, for the love of God, reach work at 8.30am during the peak period and when I live in the opposite end of Singapore.
And I know this is easier said than done, but we just shouldn't trust people too easily. Everyone's a two-headed snake one way or another, but we just can't be too naive.
And somehow, despite all the things that have been keeping me occupied, I feel empty. As though there are things pending, waiting to be done, that I've yet to do. (i mean apart from the mandatory projects and reports which have of course been awaiting for the past 7 weeks)
Something's not right.
Shit thing is, I'm not quite sure what.
=(
Labels: #244
X O X O; 12:03 am